Celebrate National Public Gardens Day on Friday, May 8, by visiting Minnesota's premiere public garden, the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. Gate admission will be free for all visitors on this special day. There will also be various fun and informative activities scheduled throughout the day..
Tentative schedule of events:
- Free gate admission for all visitors
- Tree Scavenger Hunt--pick up a map at the front desk and fill in your finds. Present at Gift Store for a free souvenir button
10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Welcome Station outside Visitor Center, featuring "visitor starter" walks on demand with experienced guides
- Prize wheel in the Great Hall--spin for a chance to win!
- Modified "Plant-Maker Studio" in the Great Hall: Weaving with Willow Branches
- "Let's Talk Plants Q&A" at the Master Gardener's Desk in the Great Hall
- "Let's Talk Plants" Arboretum Highlights Walking Tour
Now in its seventh year, National Public Gardens Day celebrates the vital role public gardens play in promoting environmental stewardship and awareness, plant and water conservation, and education. More than 500 North American public gardens are participating in this special day, which was initiated by the American Public Gardens Association in partnership with NPGD official sponsor Rain Bird irrigation products.
"National Public Gardens Day is a great time for families and enthusiasts to enjoy the Arboretum gardens and learn about our educational outreach and research efforts," said Ed Schneider, Arboretum director. "Our mission is to engage and educate the public on the irreplaceable value of plants."