Registration Options 2020 Agenda
||Schoolyard Gardens Conference Only
Friday, March 6 Schoolyard Gardens Conference
$70 member/$80 non-member
includes coffee, sessions, snack (Hot lunch buffet option no longer available)
||Bundle & Save! 2-Day Bundle
Friday, March 6 Schoolyard Gardens Conference +
Saturday, March 7 Garden-to-Plate Food Workshops
$90 member bundle/$100 non-member bundle (reg price $140/$160)
includes coffee, sessions, snack (Hot lunch buffet both days no longer available)
Schoolyard gardens are a successful, growing part of Minnesota schools, and provide an incomparable, hands-on opportunity for educators and students. Join us for this annual conference to:
- Network with others who are passionate about connecting youth with plants
- Learn how to meet academic standards through gardening, including the new science standards
- Discover ways to engage with community partners and the school board to sustain your project
- Explore the latest research and best practices in agriculture, healthy eating, cultural competency, natural systems and more
- Apply innovative strategies for building, sustaining, and engaging diverse learners in a thriving schoolyard garden
Superintendent, Little Falls Community Schools Garden-to-Cafeteria Project
Learn the secret ingredients of growth for the Little Falls Garden-to-Cafeteria Project. In seven years, this school has redefined how staff, students and the community work together for a healthier lunch program.
More about Stephen Jones
Learn more about Farm to School and Early Care Success in Minnesota
Featured Sessions & Topics
- Celebrating ten years in the garden
- Science standards in the garden presented by the Department of Education
- NASA STEM engagement in the classroom
- How to create and maintain a school garden for all students
- What early childhood nutrition and garden practice should look like
- Using schoolyard gardens as a way to teach climate change
- Cultivating student growth with agriculture
- How honey bees fit into our ecosystem and food system
- Give your classroom wings! Introduce your students to one of the fastest
growing outdoor learning activities in the world -- Birding!
THANK YOU TO OUR CONFERENCE
QUESTIONS ABOUT REGISTRATION?
Cancellation Policy: Registration cancellations must be made two weeks prior to class date in order to receive refund. A $5 processing fee will apply.
Financial hardship assistance may be available. Please call 612-301-1210 to inquire.
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
A certificate of completion for continuing education contact hours will be available to participants upon completion of the day.
RECOMMENDED CONFERENCE ACCOMMODATIONS
Holiday Inn & Suites, Chanhassen-
Schoolyard Gardens Conference rate: $134.00 plus tax
As a partner of the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, the Holiday in Express & Suites offers Arboretum visitors hotel discounts. The hotel is just a few minutes east of the Arboretum in downtown Chanhassen.