The Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, 2019 Best Botanical Garden (USA Today readers) and a top visitor attraction, is more than 1,200 acres of gardens and tree collections, prairie and woods and miles of trails. The Arboretum's beautiful gardens and plant collections, nature-inspired exhibits, innovative learning, and events make it a valued community resource and top attraction.
As a non-profit organization, the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum is committed to sharing institutional information with the public, including visitors, members and other constituents who support the Arboretum's mission. A beautiful in-town getaway, an escape to reflect, re-energize or plan for the future. A connection with the wonders of nature.
Part of the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences (CFANS) at the University of Minnesota, the Arboretum is located approximately 30 miles west of the Twin Cities Campus along Hwy 5, just west of the City of Chanhassen.
Make the Arboretum your place.
Our benefits include:
- Health & Dental insurance
- A defined benefit plan through MN State Retirement System as well as Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) and a section 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Substantial time off including sick time, 11 paid holidays at start and vacation accrual
- Free Arboretum membership
- Free and discounted tickets to programming, as available
- Discounts on dining and in our Arboretum Shops
- Employee Assistance Program
- Working just steps from the beautiful gardens and displays.
- Free or discounted admission to other cultural institutions across the United States
The Arboretum is committed to attracting and engaging employees, members, donors, volunteers and visitors with varying identities and backgrounds. As an institution committed to demonstrating excellence through diversity, we are committed to hiring a diverse faculty and staff, and actively encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
The Arboretum offers the following job openings. To apply, please follow the instructions that appear at the end of each individual listing. For further information about open positions, please contact our Human Resources office at 612-301-7723.
To apply for general part time temporary and casual opportunities (TACE) please complete a online application (mobile friendly)or download and complete an application form (PDF) and email to: Jean Keiser at email@example.com unless otherwise noted in job overview.
CURRENT OPENINGS (click on links to page down to listing)
Visitor Services Associate - Ticketing
The University has put in place a systemwide hiring freeze effective until further notice for most positions. This means that most openings are on hold at this time. If you have applied for a position, you will continue to be considered a candidate. When hiring resumes, you will be contacted about the status of your application and the next steps in our selection process. We hope that you will retain your desire to build your career at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to protect the health of our current and future employees.
Visitor Services Associate - Part Time
This position is responsible for assisting the Guest Services team by providing top quality customer service and ticketing services for admission.
75% - Ticketing
- Assist customers with purchase decisions via phone conversation or email
- Process phone, email and in person orders using Altru Blackbaud system
- Collect complete and accurate information from customers purchasing tickets
- Resolve customer conflicts with ticketing
- Maintain a positive attitude and a genuine interest in helping others
- Assist with incoming and outgoing customer calls
25% - Guest Services Support
- Greet guest at Information Desk in the Oswald Visitor Center
- Provide information to visitors about the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum campus including Learning Center, The Farm and Research Center
- Use base radio to locate staff and relay messages
- Collect money for admission fees, tram tickets if necessary
- Use Altru system for POS transactions
- Promote & sell memberships to non-member visitors
- Act as dispatch in emergency situations such as severe weather and medical emergencies by calling 911 notify correct staff, get accident forms completed, communicate to gatehouse for emergency vehicles, and monitor radio for situation changes.
- Use various sources to keep up-to-date on the latest news of the Arboretum including the newsletter, the website, & email.
- Check personal University email to ensure you are up to date on recent information and changes
- High School diploma/GED with one year general office/clerical experience. Training/education may substitute for some of the experience.
- Experience working in customer service setting
- Ability to work a flexible schedule mainly to include Saturday and Sunday and evenings
- Ability and willingness to learn customer relationship management software
- Experience working with Altru CRM software
- Knowledge of the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
To apply please complete an online application (mobile friendly)or download and complete an application form (PDF) and email to: Jean Keiser at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
As a premier public garden and cultural destination, and international horticultural research center, the Arboretum is a community resource that contributes to the horticultural, economic, and intellectual lives of Minnesotans and people all over the world. Named as one of the "10 great places to smell the flowers" by USA Today, the Arboretum boasts over 25,000 members, 1,800 volunteers and more than 464,000 visitors annually. The Arboretum features 1,215 acres, 32 display and specialty gardens, 48 general plant collections and more than 5,000 plant species and varieties.
Founded more than 60 years ago, in 1958, the Arboretum is a part of the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences at the University of Minnesota.
Located in Chanhassen, Minnesota, a western suburb of the Minneapolis/St Paul metropolitan area, the Arboretum is approximately 9 miles west of Interstate 494.The mission of the University of Minnesota Landscape Arboretum is to be a resource for horticultural and environmental information, research, and public education. To inspire and delight visitors with quality plants in well designed and maintained displays, collections, model landscapes, and conservation areas.