Dine with a Chef
Classes & Workshops
Meet Twin Cities critically acclaimed chefs and fellow enthusiasts of seasonal, local dining during a delicious dinner or lunch! In addition to getting cooking tips from top professional chefs, you'll receive recipes, notes and recommendations. You can just sit back, watch the meal unfold, make new friends and dine.
Dinner with a Chef has ended for the 2019 season.
Subscribe here (select "Food & Wine" under Adult Education)
to be notified when registration is open for Spring/Summer 2020 (approx Dec 2019)
Dinner with a Chef: Celebrating the Tuscan Region of Italy
Thursday, November 14, 2019
6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
Joan Donatelle, Chef and Cooking Instructor
David Donatelle, Chef, Beekeeper and Nutrition Coach
Max Kurman, Wine Expert
Taste and savor Tuscany! Go on a culinary journey to Italy:
Leave with a greater appreciation for regional cuisine and a hankering to book a flight to Italy!
- Learn why Tuscan geography and climate gives food and wine its unique characteristics
- Experience one of the newer DOCG (Denomination of Controlled and Guaranteed Origin, the highest designation of quality in Italian wines) wine areas of Tuscany: the Mentecucco appellation
- Savor a four-course Tuscan meal prepared and served before your eyes
- Enjoy paired wine tastings from the Castello ColleMassari winery, famous for its particularly favorable micro-climate and organic practices
- Aperitivo and Antipasti
Assorted - Salami, Olives, Cheese and Puff Pastry Apple Hors D'oeuvres
Chianti Style Chickpea Soup
- Primi Piatta
Pappardelle with Mushrooms and Italian Sausage
- Secondo Piatta
Braised Beef Short Ribs with Red Yams and Butternut Squash
Simple Green Salad
Limit 30, Marion Andrus Learning Center - Harvest Kitchen
- The Chef will be creating a customized seasonal menu for this program. We regret that we are unable to accommodate individualized changes to the menu.
- Per University of Minnesota Policy, alcoholic beverages sampled is for educational tasting/pairing purposes and will be limited to small 2-oz pours per course. The maximum wine that can be served is 8 oz total throughout dinner service.
||Sold out. Add your name to the waitlist, we will contact you if a spot open!
|$65 member/$80 non-member
|includes Arboretum admission
|Give the Gift of an Arboretum Educational Experience
Join the experience-giving trend this holiday season...your thoughtfulness will not only benefit the recipient, but will benefit the Arboretum, too! Learn more
Request a catalog in the mail
- Subscribe here to opt-in to your choice of Arboretum Education email alerts. You'll only receive emails on the topics you select, so you can keep your inbox interesting and relevant to you! (Every email contains easy instructions for opting out at any time.)
Arboretum Education Office Hours
Mon - Fri, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sat - Sun, noon - 4 p.m.
Email Arboretum Education at
Call Arboretum Education at
Arboretum Members may invite non-members to attend a class with them at the discounted member rate! Simply register for all participants at the same time in the same order and select the "member" rate for each person at checkout.
Prior to registering, please review the cancellation policy
The best chance of being enrolled in a sold out class is to add your name to the waitlist. Click the orange "waitlist" button and complete the steps, or call 612-301-1210. There is no obligation to register if a spot opens. If the waitlist shows enough demand, additional class sessions may be added.
Program Quick Links
FREE & LOW COST
Q&A at the Yard & Garden Desk
YOUTH & FAMILIES
Youth+Adult Together Programs
Ages 3-5 with adult
Ages 5-12 with adult
Gardening & Horticulture Classes
Gardening - General
Landscape & Design
Floral & Botanical Crafts
Schoolyard Gardens Conference
Pollinators - Misc
Fine Art & Crafts Classes
Painting & Drawing
Floral & Botanical Crafts
Jewelry & Wearable Art
Stone Balancing & Sculpture
Open Art Studio
Special Access Experiences
Food & Wine Classes
Dine with a Chef
Garden-to-Plate Workshop Day
Signature Guided Walks
Education Department Statistics
Share your feedback
Your opinions are important!
The Arboretum strives to create classes that are relevant, useful and provide value. Use this form to share anonymous feedback about educational programming with the Arboretum Education Team.