Summer Day Camps 2021
The Minnesota Landscape Arboretum is committed to nurturing the health of the community and all who participate in our programming. We are continuously monitoring the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, and are making decisions about our operations based on the latest guidelines from the University of Minnesota, CDC, MN Department of Health, and the American Camp Association.
We take the guidance from these organizations very seriously and our first priority is keeping everyone at camp safe. At the same time, our experienced instructors are eager and excited to welcome campers back to the Arboretum for Summer 2021! As always, we are constantly adapting to best practices for keeping campers and staff healthy, safe, and engaged while together in-person at the Arboretum.
Current guidelines dictate the implementation of the following procedures in our Day Camp program, however, we will keep up-to-date on any revisions to these health and wellness recommendations, and adjust our plans as needed throughout the summer:
- Group sizes will be limited and campers will not mix with any other groups.
- Children will be outdoors and distanced as often as possible, with extra caution taken during any inside activity to minimize close contact with others.
- All program participants and program staff must wear a face covering for all indoor activities. Masking is also required for outdoor activities when three feet of physical distance cannot be maintained. Masks should meet the CDC standards covering both the mouth and nose.
- Hand washing and sanitizing will be done regularly throughout the day.
- The use of shared equipment and supplies will be limited, and each child will be asked to bring their own face covering, water bottle, snack, bug spray and sunscreen.
- Curbside drop-off and pick-up will eliminate the need for care-givers to enter program areas.
- Children should stay home if they or a household member are not feeling well. If they come down with any symptoms during the day they will be separated from the group and care-givers will be contacted.
Note: Due to the unpredictability of the virus, we reserve the right to cancel camps if needed, and will refund any prepaid program fees.
Browse Arboretum Summer Day Camps
Summer Youth FAQ
Arboretum Education Office
Mon - Fri, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.*
*We are temporarily working from home, we may return phone messages from a home phone
Cancellations & Exchanges
The best chance of being enrolled in a sold out class is to add your name to the waitlist. Click the orange "waitlist" button next to the class and complete the form. There is no obligation to register if a spot opens. If the waitlist shows enough demand, additional sessions may be added.
Subscribe here to join Arboretum mailing lists that interest you, and be among the first to know about what's happening at the Arb!
Share your feedback
Use this feedback form to share anonymous feedback about educational programming with the Arboretum Education Team.
Activity Kits To-Go
Summer Day Camps
Special Access Experiences
All online Programs & Classes
Special Access Experiences
Gardening & Horticulture
Fine Art & Crafts
Book Club & Literature
Open Art Studio
Painting & Drawing
Food & Wine
About Nature-Based Therapeutics
NBT Programs & Events
About Arboretum Education
Arboretum Staff Bios
Education Department Statistics