Covid-19 Safety Guidelines
In-person Adult Classes & Workshops 2021
If you are registering for an in-person class at the Arboretum, you are acknowledging that you have read, understand, and agree to comply with all procedures and protocols surrounding COVID-19 safety at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum.
Last updated 3/17/2021
Welcome Arboretum in-person adult class attendee:
If you are attending an onsite class at the Arboretum, please review and comply with all procedures and protocols surrounding COVID-19 safety at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum.
Do not visit the Arboretum if you have symptoms
- If you are sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms according to CDC guidelines or have been exposed to a positive case (within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes), please contact us prior to your class to cancel your registration and receive a full refund.
Wear a facemask
- Class participants must wear a CDC-approved facial covering (face mask) that covers your mouth and nose at all times when in indoor spaces, during outdoor classes where you are within 6 feet of other students/instructors, or anywhere physical distancing is not possible. Masks are recommended in all other outdoor situations.
Physical distancing: Put distance between yourself and other people.
- Maintain physical distancing (at least 6 feet) except for members of the same household
Prevention & hygiene
Basic infection prevention measures as advised by the CDC are in effect including for staff and visitors at all times, including:
- Handwashing: at least 20 seconds with soap and water frequently throughout the day. Some buildings will have hand sanitizer stations for public use, we also encourage you to bring your own hand sanitizer to use as needed
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze with a sleeve or a tissue, and to avoid touching your face, in particular your mouth, nose and eyes, with your hands.
- Dispose of tissues in the trash and wash or sanitize their hands immediately afterward.
Respect all signage
- Clear directions for individual and collective safety amidst limited access to Arboretum amenities is found on Arboretum signs.
Supplies (if applicable)
- Do not share personal supplies, unless sharing is among members of the same household
- If supplies are included in the class, the instructor will provide individual supplies for each student
- Indoor classrooms will be closed until class time (maximum allowed time 30 minutes prior to class and after class)
- Doors and windows will be kept open when possible for indoor classes
- Food/beverage is not currently available as part of our classes. If desired for longer classes, bring your own water bottle, food and/or beverage
Thank you in advance for your strict adherence to this protocol. Registering for an in-person class at the Arboretum means you have read, understand, and are authorized to accept these terms. If you do not observe these guidelines during your program, staff may ask you to leave. If you have any questions regarding this protocol please do not hesitate to contact our team directly. We look forward to seeing you in class.
The Adult Education Programs Team:
Laura Vogel, Adult Education Programs Manager
Wendy DePaolis, Fine Arts Education, Curator of Art and Sculpture
Frank Meuschke, Photography Education Specialist
Ann Bercher, Culinary Education Specialist
Browse Adult Education Classes at the Arboretum
Arboretum Education Office
Mon - Fri, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.*
*We are temporarily working from home during Covid-19, we may return phone messages from a home phone
Cancellations & Exchanges
The best chance of being enrolled in a sold out class is to add your name to the waitlist. Click the orange "waitlist" button next to the class and complete the form. There is no obligation to register if a spot opens. If the waitlist shows enough demand, additional sessions may be added.
Subscribe here to join Arboretum mailing lists that interest you, and be among the first to know about what's happening at the Arb!
Share your feedback
Use this feedback form to share anonymous feedback about educational programming with the Arboretum Education Team.
Summer Day Camps
Activity Kits To-Go
Special Access Experiences
Schools & Homeschools
Field Trips in-a-Box
Nature Journal Academy/Homeschool
All online Programs & Classes
Special Access Experiences
Gardening & Horticulture
Gardening - General
Minnesota Plants Webinar Series - SPRING
Minnesota Plants Webinar Series - SUMMER
Fine Art & Crafts
Painting & Drawing
Book Club & Literature
Food & Wine
About Nature-Based Therapeutics
NBT Programs & Events
About Arboretum Education
Arboretum Staff Bios
Education Department Statistics