For Immediate Release Media Contact: Barb DeGroot, 952-443-1459
New Pricing: Free for members! Free with gate fee for non-members!
Chanhassen, MN (Feb. 28, 2013) - The Spring Home & Garden Expo 2013, planned for Friday-Sunday, March 8-10, at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, will showcase experts in gardening, home decor and personal renewal. Bring your friends and family and enjoy stimulating topics and conversation with likeminded gardening enthusiasts in the charming setting of the Arboretum's Oswald Visitor Center.
Please Note New Pricing: Free for members and free with gate admission for non-members. (Arboretum gate admission is $12 for ages 13 & older; free for 12 & under.) No pre-registration required.
Here's the Spring Expo schedule:
On Friday evening, March 8, from 5:30-8 p.m., attendees can enjoy the following:
- 5:35 p.m.: Rich Maund from Seasonal Concepts, who will stage and discuss "fresh looks for bringing the outside in and the inside out."
- 5:45 p.m.: "How to Enter the Landscape" with Keith Wilcock (of Wilcock Gallery).
- 6 p.m.: "Seed Catalogs" with Renee Jensen of Andersen Horticultural Library
- 6:15 p.m.: "Fairy Gardens: the Magic of Miniatures" with Master Gardener Maren Christopher.
- 6:30 p.m.:"Tips & Tricks for Great Nature Photographs," Craig Isaacson, Arboretum Photographers Society.
- 7 p.m.: Arb Director Ed Schneider on "State of the Arb," sharing hopes & trends.
On Saturday, March 9, topics/speakers include:
- 10:10 a.m.: "The Japanese Garden" & "Top Picks for Hostas" with Arboretum gardener Mary Bigelow.
- 11:15 a.m.: "Peace In and Peace Out" with Joan Steffend, award-winning TV journalist.
- 12:30 p.m.: "Top Trends and Picks for Trees and Shrubs" with Arboretum arborist Jeffrey Johnson.
- 1 p.m.: "The Popularity ofEspalier" with Katherine Aby.
- 1:45 p.m.: "Top Picks for Lilies & More" with Arb gardener Paul Sotak.
- 2:15 p.m. "Top Picks for Garden Color" with gardener Duane Otto.
Local plant societies will also answer questions and share tips at several info stations throughout the day.
On Sunday, March 10, the following popular authors will talk and sign their books:
- 10:10 a.m.: Beth Dooley, "Minnesota's Bounty: The Farmers Market Cookbook."
- 10:45 a.m.: Jenny Breen, "Cooking Up the Good Life."
- 11:15 a.m.: Atina Diffley, "Turn Here Sweet Corn."
- 11:45 a.m.: break for lunch, book sales & signings
- 1 p.m.: Brenda Langton, "The Spoonriver Cookbook."
- 1:30 p.m.:Richard Hass, "Growing Roses in Cold Climates."
- 2:15 p.m.: Welby Smith, "Native Orchids of Minnesota."
No registration required! While you're here, enjoy a brisk walk, check out the Tiny Treasures fairy garden exhibit, the tropical plants in the Snyder Building Conservatory, browse the Gift Store and enjoy a bite at the Arboretum Restaurant.