About the 30×30
A daily dose of nature restores your body, mind and spirit to help you move better, think better, and be better in all aspects of your life.
Nature Heals 30×30 is a month-long event that encourages you to spend 30 minutes in nature each day during the month of October.
Starting on October 1, 2015, you'll get a daily suggested nature activity, video, and links in your inbox (if you sign up) or by visiting the official 30x30 site.
The University of Minnesota's Nature Heals 30×30 is part of a larger public awareness project with a forum, symposium, and research roundtable that all explore the healing powers of nature.
The purpose of Nature Heals 30×30 is to:
- Call attention to an accessible and equitable form of self-care and stress management
- Improve quality of campus and community mental health
- Generate a critical discussion around public health as created with nature in mind
This event is brought to you by the University of Minnesota Center for Spirituality & Healing and the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, and is based on activities created by the David Suzuki Foundation, a Canadian Conservation Organization dedicated to protecting the diversity of nature and quality of all life.
Want to participate in the Nature Heals 30×30?
Just sign up using this quick form.
Beginning on October 1, 2015, we will be sending daily doses of nature to your inbox. We'll provide some suggested activities, articles, videos, apps, artwork, and more to help you integrate nature into your daily life.
Here's How to Prepare for Nature Heals 30×30
1. Personal commitment. Begin with a goal and jot down the intention on this Nature Heals 30×30 Intention Card. Keep this card handy and somewhere you visit on a daily basis (such as the front of your fridge or door, backpack, bathroom mirror, etc.) to remind you of the intention behind your daily dose of nature.
2. Once registered, you will receive daily emails with inspiration for your 30 minutes each day in nature.
3. Join the Nature Heals 30×30 Facebook page, designed exclusively for participants to inspire, support and share daily nature experiences with one another.
4. Add your favorite places in and with nature on our Nature Heals MAP. This map helps others find places on campus and in the community to engage with nature and helps us track the range of impact Nature Heals 30×30 is having on the community.
Download our app!
The Minnesota Landscape Arboretum has created an Apple app and an Android app for the 30×30 that includes maps of the Arboretum and more.
At the official Nature Heals 30x30 website